Monday, February 20, 2012

File Folder games for Preschoolers

Since I work with a Daycare Center I'm always thinking of ideas to help the kids learn what they should know, like colors, numbers, shapes, and the alphabet. And instead of lecturing them on the letters or going through flashcards which gets very boring after a while, I created these cool games called File folder games which are a fun way to learn numbers, colors, shapes and letters. While you have table toys you could put these fun and create games on the table. I created three different games. One was to teach the children about patterns. The one teaching about patterns is the Butterfly File Folder game. The game consists of different butterflies that have different styles, patterns and colors and it helps the child distinguish and decipher the butterflies because of each unique pattern. I found the printable for these butterflies at this Preschool website.



Supplies that you need to create the File Folder game:
-File Folder
-Printable (you need to make 2 copies)
-Laminator (not necessary, I used tape since I don't own a laminator)
-Velcro strips

Then assemble the File folder game together and your kids can use this to help learn different patterns. It also would help with fine motor skills.

Next File folder game is Shapes File Folder game. This one is helps the child learn the different shapes and also colors since they would have to find the same shape with the same color. I'm not sure where I found the printable for these when I find it I'll be sure to share it with you guys.




Same materials necessary for the Butterfly File Folder game. And the last file folder game I created was Paintbrush File Folder game and this game helps the child recognize and learn the different colors. And this file Folder game I got from a woman that Homeschools.




But I hope you enjoy these games and make some of your own. There are many different games you can create even for older kids like addition, subtraction, anything that will help your child learn. I'll post more photos of ones that I am going to make in the future once they are finished. Thanks for looking and hope you have a great day.




Live life to the fullest ☮ ♥ ☺ ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live life to the fullest ☮ ♥ ☺ ♪